In reference to the YAB Prime Minister’s Special Announcement on the extension of Movement Control Order from 1st April 2020 to 14th April 2020 throughout the country.
UTM has decided that:
1. Teaching and learning (TnL) activities are to be carried out through distance and online learning (OL) from 1st April 2020 to 26th June 2020, that is, until the end of Semester 2, Session 2019/2020 (Reference: Academic Calendar Session 2019/2020 Edition 2).
2. The use of distance/online learning methods is given priority to lectures, assignments, projects, presentations; while alternative distance/online methods are preferred for practical TnL activities, service-learning and assessment which includes final exams and so forth.
3. The faculty and lecturers should provide inclusive and appropriate distance learning methods which also take into consideration students who have no internet access to fully participate in online learning.
4. Students are requested to remain at home or at their respective accommodations to follow distance and online TnL activities for the entire semester.
5. TnL activities which cannot be completed during Semester 2, especially those that require students’ physical presence such as workshops, laboratories, studios, service learning, final exams, etc., will be carried out at the end of Semester 2 and/or in Semester 3 as required, provided that the Faculty obtains approval from the UTM Senate. The implementation of face-to-face TnL activities is also subject to the government’s decision on Movement Control Order.