- Glimpse of University Presidents Forum
Theme: International Collaboration in Research and Academic Programs
- Internationalization of Academic Programs
- Internationalization Research and Development in Higher Education Institutions
- Developing International Competitiveness in Globalized Higher Education
- Challenges to Free Knowledge in Global Higher Education
- Academic Mobility Programs
- Sustaining Institutional Diversity in a Global Higher Education
- Critical Success Factors in Strategic Higher Education Alliance
- Development of Global Ready Graduates with High Ethics and Integrity
- Research-Led Teaching & Learning in Higher Education Institutions
- Role of Higher Education Institutions in Satisfying the Global Employment Needs – To Educate or To Train?
20 universities from eleven countries have attended this event
5 Key Themes:
- Positioning University Focus in Innovation-led Economy
- University Stewardship in Combating Climate Change – Developing Sustainable Technology
- University of the Next Generation – Creation of Sustainable Campus
- Strengthening Academic-Industry Partnership
- Future Internationalisation Policy & Direction
30 universities from 13 countries have attended this forum in 2010.
Theme: Sustainable Innovation and Entrepreneurship – Challenges for UniversitiesDiscussion topics:
- Strengthening innovation towards sustainability;
- Fostering entrepreneurial culture in academia; and
- Global networking towards value driven internationalisation in universities
28 University Presidents and top academics have attended University Presidents Forum 2011.
Theme: Innovative . Entrepreneurial . Global Discussion topics:
42 participants from 21 universities attended this forum in 2012.
Theme: CO2 Reduction, Innovation and Sustainability
Professor Anthony J. Sisnkey, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.“Sustainable High-Value Bio-Based Industry for Feedstocks to Fuels, Chemicals and Materials”
Professor Nick Collings, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom. “Reducing transport CO2 Emissions through Novel Engine Technology”
Professor Gustaf Olsson, Lund University, Sweden. “Water & Energy: Threats and Opportunities”
Dr. Akio Takemoto, Director of Asia-Pacific Network (APN), Japan. “Low Carbon Policy in Japan and Asia-Pacific Region”
Theme: Global Collaboration Opportunities in Knowledge Creation and Innovation
Prof. Ir. Dr. Wahid Omar, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia. “Partnerships in Knowledge, Creation & Innovation”
Prof. Mark Spearing, Southampton University, United Kingdom. “The University as the Engine of Innovation & Entrepreneurship”
Prof. Duck Ho-Lim, Hanyang University, Korea. “Knowledge Partnerships in a Globalised World: Driving the Future of Asia’s Research & Innovation Landscape”
Prof. Michael Adewumi, Pennsylvania State University, USA. “Universities, Research and Innovation: Changing Dynamics for the Knowledge Society”
University Presidents and top academics from 15 countries attended this event.