Taught During: Session 1 and 2.
Course Coordinator: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Siti Zaiton Mohd Hashim.
Prerequisites: Enthusiastic practitioners or researchers from government and industries with non-IT or IT background; experienced or non-experience individuals/ students and for those who are interested in Data Science and Big Data.
Background: The main goal of this program is to produce data scientists and program is targeted to universities and individuals who are interested in cooperation, especially from abroad. During this program, participants will be exposed to the knowledge of the Data Science and hands-on implementation on big data analyze. This is in line with the requirements of the experts pointed to a complete and systematic data management because data can bring new wealth to the country in analyzing and generating an image of a very high quality results.
- Disclose the participants with an introduction and practical training science data through the use of technology – the latest technology.
- Promote UTM-BDC and the Faculty of Computing as a center of excellence for advanced research institutes in the field of computational science and data in the Southeast Asian region.
- As a starting point introduce ‘International at home’ program in UTM by offering the expertise of the staff and faculty of the center of excellence in the field of computing.
- To produce skilled manpower to solve the real problems of the industry, especially the presence of large data very useful in advancing the industry.
- To provide the industry with the latest technology and knowledge of data modeling to solve real problems and the latest industry.
- Introduction to Data Science
- Design and Analysis for Data Science
- Statistic for Data Science
- Data Mining and Pattern Analysis
- Large Data Scale Analysis
- Hands-on Solving Real world project from Industry
Duration: Two (2) weeks.
Fees: USD 1,000 (include course materials, airport pick-up, accommodation, transportation, excursions, meals).
Application Deadlines: Two months prior to the commencement of course..
Who Can Apply: Local and international students.
Click HERE to download the course’s poster!
Day 1: Orientation & Opening Ceremony and Introduction to Data Science – Part 1 & 2
Day 2: Design and Analysis for Data Science – Part 1 & 2
Day 3: Design and Analysis for Data Science – Part 1, 2 & 3
Day 4: Trip to Kuala Lumpur and Visit to Bukit Nanas Forest Reserve, KL Tower, around Kuala Lumpur city.
Day 5: Visit to Petrosains The Discovery Centre, Aquaria KLCC and Back to Johor Bahru.
Day 6: Statistic for Data Science – Part 1, 2 & 3
Day 7: Data Mining and Pattern Analysis – Part 1, 2 & 3
Day 1: Large Data Scale Analysis – Part 1, 2 & 3
Day 2: Hands-on Solving Real world project from Industry – Part 1, 2 & 3
Day 3: Visit to Tanjung Piai, Pontian, Johor
Day 4: UTM Johor Bahru Campus Tour and Visit to Johor Premium Outlets
Day 5: Visit to Country Garden Danga Bay, Tanjung Puteri, around Johor Bahru city
Day 6: Certificate and Closing ceremony
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Siti Zaiton Mohd Hashim
School of Computing
Faculty of Engineering
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia