Requirements and Eligibility
- Registered as an active student at home university.
- Have a good command of the English Language.
- Have a good health condition.
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Be physically present at home university at the time of application.
- Must agree to enroll at UTM as described in the program plan.
- Must agree to abide by the rules and regulations of UTM or placement provider.
- Should demonstrate empathy and understanding of cultural difference.
- Should demonstrate excellent personal skills.
- Agrees to be responsible for the costs incurred.
- UTM will conduct an interview session if necessary.
- Fill up the online application form – UTM Student Exchange Program Application Form
- UTM International will do application review and clarification.
- UTM International will forward the application to the Host Faculty for their review and approval.( The host faculty have the right to accept or reject the exchange student application)
- The offer letter will be issued out after faculty’s approval.
|Academic Session||Application Deadline|
|Semester II (March – September)|
1 October 2020
31 December 2020
31 January 2021
Submission of online application form
Issuance of offer letter
Incoming students are required to browse through the link below for the list of courses available.
|1.||Faculty of Engineering||School of Chemical & Energy Engineering||https://engineering.utm.my/chemicalenergy/|
|School of Electrical Engineering||http://engineering.utm.my/electrical/|
|School of Civil Engineering||http://engineering.utm.my/civil/|
|School of Mechanical Engineering||http://engineering.utm.my/mechanical/|
|School of Computing||http://engineering.utm.my/computing/|
|School of Biomedical Engineering & Health Sciences||http://engineering.utm.my/biomedical/|
|2.||Faculty of Built Environment & Surveying||–||https://builtsurvey.utm.my/|
|3.||Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities||–||https://humanities.utm.my/|
|4.||Azman Hashim International Business School||–||https://business.utm.my/|
|5.||Razak Faculty of Technology and Informatics||–||http://razak.utm.my/|
|6.||Faculty of Science||–||https://science.utm.my/|
*Incoming student who will register on September, please choose subjects offered in Semester 1 *Incoming student who will register on February, please choose subjects offered in Semester 2 Note : List of courses MUST be chosen from one host faculty only
Arrival and Accommodation
Students are expected to be clean, well groomed and dressed in a manner appropriate to the Malaysian custom or norms. Students must maintain a professional appearance by wearing collared shirts/t-shirts, shoes, slacks or long skirts while attending classes and/or on official visits to Faculties/Administration building. Avoid WEARING INAPPROPRIATE CLOTHING or FOOTWEAR including:- a) Short skirts or shorts. b) Round-neck T-shirt. c) Sleeveless shirts. d) Tight slacks/pants. e) Slippers/ sandals.For male students, hair must be neatly trimmed and reasonable in length, colouring and freestyle hairdo are strictly prohibited.All visible body piercing is prohibited except for female’s pierced ears.