Requirements and Eligibility
- Registered as an active student at home university.
- Have a good command of the English Language.
- Have a good health condition.
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Be physically present at home university at the time of application.
- Must agree to enroll at UTM as described in the program plan.
- Must agree to abide by the rules and regulations of UTM or placement provider.
- Should demonstrate empathy and understanding of cultural difference.
- Should demonstrate excellent personal skills.
- Agrees to be responsible for the costs incurred.
- UTM will conduct an interview session if necessary.
- Fill up the online application form – UTM Student Exchange Program Application Form
- UTM International will do application review and clarification.
- UTM International will forward the application to the Host Faculty for their review and approval.( The host faculty have the right to accept or reject the exchange student application)
- The offer letter will be issued out after faculty’s approval.
|Academic Session||Application Deadline|
|Semester II (March – September)|
|1 October 2020
31 December 2020
31 January 2021
|Submission of online application form
Issuance of offer letter
Incoming students are required to browse through the link below for the list of courses available.
|1.||Faculty of Engineering||School of Chemical & Energy Engineering||https://engineering.utm.my/chemicalenergy/|
|School of Electrical Engineering||http://engineering.utm.my/electrical/|
|School of Civil Engineering||http://engineering.utm.my/civil/|
|School of Mechanical Engineering||http://engineering.utm.my/mechanical/|
|School of Computing||http://engineering.utm.my/computing/|
|School of Biomedical Engineering & Health Sciences||http://engineering.utm.my/biomedical/|
|2.||Faculty of Built Environment & Surveying||–||https://builtsurvey.utm.my/|
|3.||Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities||–||https://humanities.utm.my/|
|4.||Azman Hashim International Business School||–||https://business.utm.my/|
|5.||Razak Faculty of Technology and Informatics||–||http://razak.utm.my/|
|6.||Faculty of Science||–||https://science.utm.my/|
*Incoming student who will register on September, please choose subjects offered in Semester 1 *Incoming student who will register on February, please choose subjects offered in Semester 2 Note : List of courses MUST be chosen from one host faculty only
Arrival and Accommodation
Students are expected to be clean, well groomed and dressed in a manner appropriate to the Malaysian custom or norms. Students must maintain a professional appearance by wearing collared shirts/t-shirts, shoes, slacks or long skirts while attending classes and/or on official visits to Faculties/Administration building. Avoid WEARING INAPPROPRIATE CLOTHING or FOOTWEAR including:- a) Short skirts or shorts. b) Round-neck T-shirt. c) Sleeveless shirts. d) Tight slacks/pants. e) Slippers/ sandals.For male students, hair must be neatly trimmed and reasonable in length, colouring and freestyle hairdo are strictly prohibited.All visible body piercing is prohibited except for female’s pierced ears.