STUDENT PASS – RENEWAL
Students applying for renewal will be issued with a student pass with a maximum duration of 12 months. To avoid overstaying your student pass, UTM recommends that the Student Pass Renewal application be submitted (together with all required documents) 3 months the student pass expiry date.
- Please renew your student pass three (3) months before expiry date. Students are responsible to monitor the expiry date of your pass (i.e. Student pass expiry on 15 February 2020, you can submit renewal by 15 November 2019 or Pass expiry on 20 September 2020, you can submit renewal by 20 June 2020 )
- Overstaying is an offence in Malaysian Law. Immigration will impose a penalty ranging from RM1,000 – RM5,000 depending on the duration of your overstay.
- Students who are late in submitting their application for the renewal of Student Pass will be required to pay a penalty and UTM may impose fine.
- Additional requirement Undergraduate student: Must submitted attendance report (>80%) and CGPA must above >2.00
FAQ ON RENEWAL OF STUDENT PASS
HOW MUCH COST FOR RENEWAL A STUDENT PASS?
WHAT IF LATE SUBMISSION FOR RENEWAL OF STUDENT PASS?
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO COMPLETE RENEWAL OF STUDENT PASS? (Read Renewal Flowchart)
I’M REMOTE SUPERVISION STUDENT AND STILL WORKING AT HOME COUNTRY. I CANNOT STAY LONGER TIME IN MALAYSIA FOR WAITING RENEWAL PROCESS TO COMPLETE.
WHAT IF IMMIGRATION/ EMGS REJECT MY PASS RENEWAL?
DO I NEED TO SUBMIT MY PASPORT WHEN APPLY FOR RENEWAL?
I WOULD LIKE TO SEND A PASSPORT FOR RENEWAL AND WILL RETURN TO MY COUNTRY/ OR TRAVEL BY FLIGHT. CAN I PURCHASE AIR FLIGHT TICKET BEFORE MY PASSPORT READY?
- CHECKLIST DOCUMENTS FOR STUDENT PASS ENDORSEMENT (NEW STUDENT)
- CHECKLIST DOCUMENTS FOR RENEWAL STUDENT PASS
- Photo requirement
- Renewal Flowchart
- Sample of Attendance Letter (Undergraduate)
Students are responsible to monitor the expiry date of your pass and visa. Overstaying is an offence in Malaysian Law. Immigration will impose a penalty ranging from RM1,000 – RM5,000 depending on the duration of your overstay. You may be blacklisted and deported back to your home country. You can be prohibited to enter Malaysia for a period of time. You may even be imprisoned. UTM will also impose a daily penalty charge for overstayed students.
STUDENT PASS CANCELLATION
Leaving Malaysia without cancelling your student pass will result in the forfeiture of your Personal Bond deposit by Immigration Malaysia and can cause consequences if student decides to apply to another University within Malaysia.