Join us on facebook for new updates and announcements!
Study Abroad/ Student Exchange Opportunities
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia welcomes you to the programme on behalf of Ministry of Education Malaysia; the Directorate General of Higher Education, Ministry of Education and Culture, Indonesia; and Office of Higher Education Commission, Ministry of Education, Thailand; and the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization-Regional Centre for Higher Education and Development (SEAMEO RIHED) to the ASEAN International Mobility for Students (AIMS) Programme.
This program is fully-funded by the Ministry of Education Malaysia
The home university will cover accommodation, International Health Insurance, Support Flight ticket and Allot monthly allowance.
The Host university will waive tuition fees and facilities fees, provide basic medical provision (in-house health centres), help locate students accommodation and established buddy/ tutoring/counselling to the student.
Financial Support 2019
*subject to change
- Registered as an active student at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Undergraduate student (Bachelor)
- Must complete a semester study in UTM and must NOT in the last semester study in UTM
- Have a great point average of 3.0 or higher
- Possess a good command of the English Language
- Have good health condition
- Be physically present in UTM at the time of application
- Must agree to enrol at the host institution as described in the program plan
- Must agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the host institution or placement provider.
- Should demonstrate empathy and understanding of cultural difference
- Should demonstrate excellent personal skills.
- Agree to be responsible for the costs incurred. The students may seek other sources of sponsors including that provided by UTM to subsidise some expenses including travel, accommodation and insurance expenses.
List of partner universities in AIMS:
The student may also choose from these options:
Click here to get information on Term and Condition or to apply. Kindly contact us, UTM International for further details.
Ms. Fasihah Mohd Jaslan
Block S19, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
81310 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Email : email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discuss with students’ academic advisor/deputy dean (academic)/dean of the faculty regarding academic matters and subjects selection at host university and receive acceptance letter from host university before applying to UTM International
- Inform parents /guardian about participation in study abroad program
- Pay tuition fees at home university (UTM) before depart to host university
- The student who plans to do an exchange program to non-partner universities are required to apply at host university by themselves but approval by UTM for going abroad is COMPULSORY. Please complete and submit Study Abroad Application Form to UTM International