Since 2009, UTM has started looking into social media as one of our strategy channel in communication, liaison and marketing .
Generally, social media covers many forms including internet forums, weblogs, social blogs, microblogging, wikis, podcasts, photographs or pictures, video, rating and social bookmarking.
Here are some categories of social media:
- Social Bookmarking. (Del.icio.us, Diigo) Interact by tagging websites and searching through websites bookmarked by other people.
- Social Networking. (Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace) Interact by adding friends, commenting on profiles, joining groups and having discussions.
- Social Photo and Video Sharing. (YouTube, Flickr) Interact by sharing photos or videos and commenting on user submissions.
- Wikis. (Wikipedia, Wikia) Interact by adding articles and editing existing articles.
- Social blogging/microblogging. (Blogspot, Twitter)