UTMShine (Strategy for Harnessing and Inspiring Top Notch Scientist and Researchers) Initiative is one of the strategies initiated by the Office of Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research & Innovation) to encourage young researchers in UTM in pursuing high impact research and producing high-quality research output. The award will be in the form of a research grant in a certain amount depending on the existing budget, given to a group of selected young researchers (less than 40 years old). Apart from the output expected from the research grant award, recipients are expected to involve in any other form of activities deemed fit by the UTMShine selection committee. UTMShine recipients also will be groomed in specific leadership programs. To date, some were already appointed as district liaison officers for Johor Strategic Innovation Institute to coordinate projects, issues and requirements between the local authority and the local solution providers under the institute.
Young and emerging researcher in their respective field. (Age 40 and under)
- Opened to Malaysian only.
- Young researchers (less than 40 years old during the selection period)
- Priority will be given to research group leaders and/or members of the Centre of Excellence
- Principal investigators of any external grants (especially international and private/contract funding)
- H-index of at least at 6 (based on Scopus) is preferable. However, the nominee will be evaluated based on original research and contribution to the advancement of science, social science & technology and also the impact to the socio-economy, industry and/or the country.
Candidate must by nominated by faculty or school. Please get the nomination form here.
Closing date: 5 June 2019