What is SHARE scholarship?
SHARE is an EU Grant funded project with an overarching objective to strengthen regional cooperation, enhance the quality, competitiveness and internationalization of ASEAN higher education institutions and students, contributing to an ASEAN Community beyond 2015. The main aim is to enhance cooperation between the EU and the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) and to create lasting benefits from the harmonization of higher education across ASEAN.
UTM students are encouraged to apply for a one-semester student exchange program with SHARE scholarship at participating universities.
|Submission of Application to UTM International||Application for SHARE Scholarship|
|Semester I||1st of April||To be confirmed|
|Semester II||1st of October||11th of November|
- UTM students should follow the application deadlines set by UTM.
- *Successful applicants must submit SHARE Scholarship application after receiving the offer letter from potential host universities
Field of study
- All courses offered by potential host universities
Requirements and eligibility
- Hold a citizenship in any ASEAN countries except for Brunei and Singapore.
- Registered as an active student at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (International students from ASEAN countries are allowed to apply)
- Undergraduate student (Bachelor)
- Must complete two semesters of study in UTM (one year) and must NOT in the last semester of study in UTM
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Possess a good command of the English Language
- Have a good health condition
- Be physically present in UTM at the time of application
- Must agree to enroll at the host institution as described in the program plan
- Must agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the host institution or placement provider.
- Should demonstrate empathy and understanding of cultural difference
- Should demonstrate excellent personal skills.
- Agree to be responsible for the costs incurred. The students may seek other sources of sponsors including that provided by UTM to subsidize some expenses including travel, accommodation and insurance expenses.
How to apply?
List of potential host universities (SHARE scholarship members)
Benefits of the student exchange program under SHARE scholarship
Recipients of the SHARE scholarship will receive the following:
- Full tuition fee waiver for one semester
- Living allowance € 450/month
- Return airfare € 500
- Health insurance € 300
- Settling-in allowance € 150
- Study materials € 100
- Visa costs € 230 (max)
- Please remember that you need to submit all materials directly to UTM International and you could only apply for SHARE Scholarship after receiving the offer letter from potential host universities.
- Discuss with students’ academic advisor/deputy dean (academic)/dean of the faculty regarding academic matters and subjects selection at the potential host university.
- Inform parents /guardian about participation in the student exchange program
- Pay tuition fees at home university (UTM) before departing to host university
UTM SHARE Scholarship Coordinator
Ms. Fasihah Mohd Jaslan
Block S19, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
81310 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com