What is Research Internship/Attachment?
UTM provides opportunities for students who are studying outside Malaysia to pursue cutting-edge trans-disciplinary research work for one to two semesters. Students can apply throughout the year.
For Research/Lab Internship, students should apply 3 months prior to the proposed start date.
Requirements and Eligibility
- Registered as an active student at home university.
- Have a good command of the English Language.
- Have a good health condition.
- Be physically present at home university at the time of application.
- Must agree to enroll at UTM as described in the program plan.
- Must agree to abide by the rules and regulations of UTM or placement provider.
- Should demonstrate empathy and understanding of cultural difference.
- Should demonstrate excellent personal skills.
- Agrees to be responsible for the costs incurred.
- Fill up the online application form – Research Internship/Attachment Application Form
- UTM International will do application review and clarification.
- UTM International will forward the application to the Host Faculty for their review and approval.
- The offer letter will be issued out after faculty’s approval.
Click HERE for Application Process Flow
|All year-round||3 months before program’s commencement|
Faculties and School
Incoming students are required to browse through the link below for the faculties and school that available for research internship/attachment.
- UTM Information Sheet 2019/2020
- UTM Academic Calendar 2019/2020
- Program Fees
Arrival and Accommodation
Students are expected to be clean, well groomed and dressed in a manner appropriate to the Malaysian custom or norms. Students must maintain a professional appearance by wearing collared shirts/t-shirts, shoes, slacks or long skirts while attending classes and/or on official visits to Faculties/Administration building.
Avoid WEARING INAPPROPRIATE CLOTHING or FOOTWEAR including:-
a) Short skirts or shorts.
b) Round-neck T-shirt.
c) Sleeveless shirts.
d) Tight slacks/pants.
e) Slippers/ sandals.For male students, hair must be neatly trimmed and reasonable in length, colouring and freestyle hairdo are strictly prohibited.All visible body piercing is prohibited except for female’s pierced ears.