What is Research Internship Abroad?
Research Internship is a program which will allow you to go for a joint research study or internship under the supervision of an academic staff at institutions or industries abroad.
Application Requirements and Eligibility
- Registered as an active student at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Must complete two semesters of study in UTM (one year) and must NOT in the last semester of study in UTM
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Possess a good command of the English Language
- Have a good health condition
- Be physically present in UTM at the time of application
- Must agree to enroll at the host institution as described in the program plan
- Must agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the host institution or placement provider.
- Should demonstrate empathy and understanding of cultural difference
- Should demonstrate excellent personal skills.
- Agree to be responsible for the costs incurred. The students may seek other sources of sponsors including that provided by UTM to subsidize some expenses including travel, accommodation and insurance.
- UTM Fund is only provided for MALAYSIAN
Financial Support from UTM
List of Consortiums and External Funding Opportunites
Research Internship Opportunities
Visit our portal to check our promoted outbound program:
Student may also seek to join any research internship abroad at UTM partner universities from all over the world as below:
List of partner universities
- Internship Abroad/ Research Attachment [Program Poster] [Process Flow]
- Pre-Departure Information, Boarding and Returning, Program Report
Need more assistance?
Set your appointment and meet us to get more information:
Every Monday : 10.00 am – 11.00 am
Every Thursday: 2.00 pm – 3.00 pm
Block S19, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
81310 UTM Johor Bahru, Johor
Book your appointment here: http://www.utm.my/international/request-information-session/
- Discuss with students’ academic advisor/deputy dean (academic)/dean of the faculty regarding academic matters and subjects selection at host university and receive the acceptance letter from host university or institutions before applying to UTM International office
- Inform parents /guardian about participation in the research internship abroad
- Pay tuition fees at home university (UTM) before departing to host university
- Students who are planning to do the research internship abroad to non-partner universities are required to apply at host university by themselves but the approval from UTM for going abroad is COMPULSORY. Please complete and submit Study Abroad Application Form to UTM International