Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) is a member institution of and is actively participating in international networks and alliances as follows:
- Asia Technological University Network (ATU-Net)
UTM is the Chair and Secretariat of this network (http://atunet.org/).
- ASEAN Learning Network (ALN) (http://www.aseanlearningnetwork.org/)
- Asia-Oceania Five Universities Alliance
- Asia-Pacific University – Community Engagement Network (APUCEN) (http://apucen.usm.my/)
- ASEAN University Network / South East Asia Engineering Education Development Network (AUN/SEED-Net) (http://seed-net.org/)
- Association of Universities of Asia and the Pacific (AUAP) (http://www3.sut.ac.th/auap/)
UTM is part of a mobility network between Europe and Asia (http://www.utm.my/erasmusplus/) and is actively involved as coordinator and participant for a number of Capacity Building in the Higher Education projects (http://www.utm.my/international/erasmus-cbhe-projects-in-malaysia/)
- U-Malaysia Chamber of Commerce and Industry (EUMCCI) (https://www.eumcci.com/)
- Global Technology Initiative (GTI) Consortium (http://plus.shibaura-it.ac.jp/gti/en/)
- Indonesia-Malaysia Research Consortium (I’MRC) (https://imresearchconsortium.ning.com/)
- International Society for Educational Initiatives (ISEI) (https://educ.utm.my/isei/)
- Japanese University Consortium (JUC)
- Malaysia-France University Centre (MFUC) point of contact network aims to strengthen the bilateral cooperation and to stimulate new cooperation between French and Malaysian higher education institutions. (https://mfuc.org/about-mfuc/)
The MEVLANA exchange programme provides mobility and scholarship opportunities for students and academic staff between the Turkish higher education institutions and higher education institutions of other countries.
- Presidents’ Forum of Southeast and South Asia and Taiwan Universities (SATU Presidents’ Forum) (http://satu.ncku.edu.tw)
- Promotion of Sustainability in Postgraduate Education and Research Network (ProSPER.Net) (http://prospernet.ias.unu.edu/)
- South East Asian Technical University Consortium (SEATUC)
UTM is a board member and steering committee. For the SEATUC2019, one UTM staff is appointed as Chief Editor, and others invited as reviewers for journal and conference (http://plus.shibaura-it.ac.jp/conf/seatuc2019/).
- Swiss-ASEAN Learning and Teaching (SALT) Association
UTM is a board member (http://saltorg.net/network) and UTM Pro-Vice Chancellor (International) is the Co-chair for the 2nd Connect-us Conference (https://connectusconference.net/).
- The Observatory on Borderless Higher Education (OBHE) (http://www.obhe.ac.uk/)
- University Alliance of the Silk Road (UASR) (http://uasr.xjtu.edu.cn/index.htm)
- World Technological University Network (WTUN) (http://wtu-n.net/)
UTM is also a member of the following networks that concentrate mainly on student mobility:
- ASEAN International Mobility for Students (AIMS) (http://rihed.seameo.org/programmes/aims/) (http://www.utm.my/international/aims/)
- University Mobility in Asia and the Pacific (UMAP) (http://umap.org/)
- Global Engineering Education Exchange (GE3) (https://www.iie.org/Programs/Global-E3)
- Global Education for Engineers and Entrepreneurs (GE4) (http://www.ge4.org/) (http://www.utm.my/international/ge4/)
UTM is also actively participating in associations, including the following:
- Asia-Pacific Association for International Education (APAIE)
UTM is the lead host for APAIE2019 (https://www.apaie2019.org/).
- European Association for International Education (EAIE) (https://www.eaie.org/)
- National Association of Foreign Student Advisers (NAFSA) (https://www.nafsa.org/)
For more information, contact Dr Farhana Diana Deris (Manager, Global Partnerships) at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.