TECHNOLOGY LICENSING / ASSIGNMENT
Definition: The granting of permission to use intellectual property rights, such as trademarks, patents, or technology, under defined conditions.
Types of Licensing
- Exclusive License
- Non-exclusive License
- Sole License
- Cross Licenses
- Outright Sale (selling out your IP rights)
Fee/Charges for Licensing Activities
- Licensing fee
- Other benefits (e.g. access to resources and facilities of the organization that has license to commercialize the R&D intellectual property)
- Letter of intent from the third party
- If the third party is a company, form 24 and 49 are required.
- Negotiation on types of licensing, royalty and ownership of IP (as related matter in 4.1)
- A simple business plan/blue print of the business