UTM Global Outreach Program is a 7 to 14 days academic based programme to experience various cultures in other countries. It includes immersion elements such as research & academic activities, social responsibility, cross cultural activities and international event participation.
Why UTM Global Outreach Program?
Participating in the UTM Global Outreach Program is an exciting and challenging way of broadening your personal, academic and professional horizons. Through the program, you can:
- Globalize your educational experience by adding an international dimension to your degree;
- Enhance academic opportunities beyond those offered at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia.
- Establish professional and career opportunities by networking with other students, academics and professional organizations;
- Improve language skills, cross-cultural understanding, and cross-cultural and interpersonal communication
- Experience personal growth by developing self confidence, independence, and social skills; and
- Incorporate these new experiences into your resumé so that you stand out from the crowd in an ever increasingly global workforce.
How long is the program?
In this program, students spend one or two weeks to gain new academic, cultural and international experience
Am I eligible?
UTM students will be considered for UTM Global Outreach Program provided that:
- the applicant is currently a student of UTM
- the applicant should possess a good academic record
- the applicant must agree to enroll at the host institution as described in the program plan
- the applicant must agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the host institution or placement provider.
- the applicant should demonstrate empathy and understanding of cultural difference
- the applicant have good health condition
- the applicant should demonstrate excellent personal skills.
- the applicant agrees to be responsible for the costs incurred. The students may seeks other sources of sponsors including that provided by UTM to subsidize some expenses including travel, accommodation and insurance expenses
What is GOP with immersion
1. Based on Harvard Business School (HBS) model:
2. Participation in research and learning activities with host university
3. Student participation in project competition or international events
4. Corporate Social Responsibility
5. Student participation in cultural activities and historical in country visited.
The application process
The program is coordinated by faculties in collaboration with UTM Office of International Affairs. Students should apply through the faculties. Submit a complete UTM Global Outreach Program application form to UTM Office of International Affairs. Click here for application process information.
Before you apply
- Think carefully. You should think about country of visit, your personal and academic goals, and what kind of the program focus area is best for you.
- Talk with your faculties. Part of the application is the approval of participation form, signed by Dean of your faculty.
- Talk with your family and friends. Your family and friends know you best, and may be able to help you sort out priorities. It’s also important to make sure your family understands your program, the location you’ve chosen, and the process the program. You will need their support, and they will want to know about this exciting opportunity.
- Think financially. UTM Global Outreach Program is an important commitment, and financing the experience may not be as difficult as you think. Advance planning will help tremendously. UTM may offer financial assistance. Check with your faculty for more information.
Passport and visa requirement
All participating students must have a passport, valid for at least six months after your program will end.
Students should apply as early as possible, and in some cases, passport applications may need to be expedited. For many programs, students will require one or more visas as well. Visa application processes vary widely, and some visa processes are multi-step and complicated.
UTM Office of International Affairs helps students to understand the process for the program.
UTM Global Outreach Program cannot guarantee visas for its participants, and it is ultimately the student’s responsibility to secure the appropriate visa in a timely manner.
After you apply
Review Process. The UTM Global Outreach Program committee reviews complete applications in batches by program.
Next Step. Once you have been accepted, you will receive the following prior to your departure:
- Visa instructions, if applicable.
- Pre-departure materials.
- A letter from your Program Adviser outlining more specific information about the program.
- A group list of other students, including email addresses, to help you make contact just prior to the UTM Global Outreach Program is an international program designed to develop UTM’s students to be global ready graduate
UTM Global Outreach Programme on facebook
Guideline UTM Global Outreach Program
Click here to download guideline
For further information or queries please contact
Ms. Siti Rahimah binti Mohd Yusop
Office of International Affairs
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia,
81310 UTM Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Tel: +60-7-553 8006