Inbound Student Exchange
The Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) welcomes students from around the world to study in UTM for a week to a year of study. List of program offered as following:
1. Academic Visit
A group of students can spend 1 to 7 days in UTM to experience the unique Southeast Asian cultures, to study the global issue or to get access to extraordinary learning opportunites. Click here to apply.
2. Student Exchange
Students from other institutions are invited to join UTM as Non Graduating Student (NGS) under the following program:
Outbound Student Exchange
UTM students are encouraged to study abroad for one or two semesters (maximum) at international universities with credit transfer. You can choose a host university from UTM partner universities.
- Registered as an active student at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Has at least completed study at UTM for one year or two semesters.
- Smart in academic, proofing by the latest CGPA. (CGPA min 3.50 out of 4.00)
- It is recommended to take TOEFL or IELTS
- Good personality & maturity.
How to Apply
- Fill up the Study Abroad Application Form – UTM
- Submit the form along with the supporting documents to International Office no longer than the deadline announced. Please make sure that you have completed the entire fields on the application form otherwise we could not process it.
- Office of International Affairs (OIA) will do application review and clarification.
- If doable, applicant will be invited to come for an interview.
- Number of exchange students for each destination can vary. We will select the top student among best applicants.
- The result will announce through applicant’s email
|Fall Semester||31st May|
|Spring Semester||30th November|
Note : These deadline NOT applicable for program promoted by Office of International Affairs (OIA) in the table below
We are also inviting students to participate in the program as following:
|IDEAS – Erasmus Mundus||Closed|
|SKKU Student Exchange Program 2013||Closed|
|Deadline : 15th Nov. 2012|
|Kookmin University Exchange Program for Spring Semester 2013||Closed for Spring Semester 2013|
|Deadline : 15th December 2012|
|Aalen University Student Exchange Program||Open|
|Deadline for Summer Semester:1 Dec. 2012|
|Deadline for Winter Semester:1 June 2013|
|Kyutech Student Exchange Program 2013||Closed|
|Deadline for 1st Sem (Apr. – Aug.) :21st Dec. 2012|
|Deadline for 2nd Sem (Oct. – Feb.) :8th May 2013|
|ASEAN International Mobility for Students (AIMS) formerly known as Malaysia-Indonesia-Thailand (M-I-T) Program||Open to TESL and Architecture Students only
*Get more information from UTM Office of International Affairs on application process for the program above
Important notes for applicants:
- Discuss with students’ academic advisor/deputy dean (academic)/dean of the faculty regarding academic matters and subjects selection at host university and receive acceptance letter from host university before apply to UTM Office of International Affairs
- Inform parents /guardian about participation in study abroad program
- Pay tuition fees at home university (UTM) before depart to host university
Student who plan to do exchange program to non-partner universities are required to apply at host university by themselves but approval by UTM for going abroad is COMPULSORY. Please complete and submit Study Abroad Application Form to Office of International Affairs (OIA)