Why UTM Global Outreach Programme (GOP)?
Participating in the UTM Global Outreach Programme is an exciting and challenging way of broadening your personal, academic and professional horizons. Through the program, you can:
- Globalise your educational experience by adding an international dimension to your degree.
- Enhance academic opportunities beyond those offered at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia.
- Establish professional and career opportunities by networking with other students, academics and professional organisations.
- Improve language skills, cross-cultural understanding, and cross-cultural and interpersonal communication.
- Experience personal growth by developing self confidence, independence, and social skills.
- Incorporate these new experiences into your resum√© so that you stand out from the crowd in an ever increasingly global workforce.
How long is the programme?
In this programme, students spend one or two weeks to gain new academic, cultural and international experience.
The programme focus area
The programmes are distinguished by:
- A technical-based, experiential approach that redefines the classroom as students learn from academics, policymakers, and other professionals in the real-world settings of communities, workplaces, organizations, and natural environments.
- Genuine cultural immersion through cross discipline experience ¬†and local assimilation that enables students to make connections that promote academic progress, personal growth, and intercultural understanding;
- Service learning that integrates meaningful community service with instruction and reflection to enrich the learning experience, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen communities.