Professor Dr. Muhammad Zainiy Uthman, a professor at the Center for Advanced Studies on Islam, Science and Civilisation (CASIS), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, obtained his B.Sc. (1986) from the University of Wisconsin-Madison (U.S.A.). After having completed his M.A. (1990) from the University of Chicago, he joined International Institute of Islamic Thought and Civilization (ISTAC) in 1991 as Junior Research Fellow at the invitation of Professor al-Attas. Upon the completion of his Ph.D. at ISTAC in 1997, he served as Research Fellow, then Senior Research Fellow. He was Associate Professor and Curator of ISTAC Library from 2002-2003 and was awarded the British Chevening Fellowship (2003-2004) where he spent an academic year at the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies. In 2005-2006 he returned to Oxford as Visiting Fellow at the same centre. He translated al-Attas’ “The Meaning and Experience of Happiness in Islam” into Malay (ISTAC, 2002). With Wan Mohd Nor Wan Daud he co-edited a book entitled Knowledge, Language, Thought and The Civilization of Islam: Essays in Honor of Syed Muhammad Naquib al-Attas (UTM, 2010).
- Seminar on Path to Wisdom and Happiness
- CASIS-HAK Seminar on Imam Abdullah al-Haddad
- Royal Address By Her Majesty Raja Zarith Sofiah Binti Almarhum Sultan Idris Shah Permaisuri Johor and Chancellor of UTM
- The Astrolabe : Its History And Application
- HRH. Raza Zarith Sofia Annual Seminar on Global Issues