The general minimum entry requirements into a Bachelor’s Degree Programme are as follows:
- A Senior High School Certificate/Senior Secondary School/other equivalent pre-university qualifications from government schools (with a period of at least 12 years of study from primary to higher secondary);
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) ‘A’ Level , Diploma in the related field or other equivalent pre-university examinations;
- Other certificates recognized by the Senate of the University as equivalent to the above;
- Specific requirements based on programmes;
- English Language requirements
- A minimum score of 500 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (or TOEFL (IBT) > 59) or;
- An overall band score of 5.5 in IELTS (Academic) or;
- An overall band score of 5.5 in TEEP (UTMSPACE) or;
- An overall band score of 3 in MUET (STPM holder) or;
- Completion of ELS Certified Intensive English Programme (CIEP) Level 107 or higher. For more information about the ELS CIEP, CLICK HERE
- Candidates who had completed their high school from the following countries [CLICK HERE] are exempted from UTM English Requirement.
- Candidates from Indonesia, Brunei and South Thailand (eg: Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala, Songkla, Satun and others provinces whose major population is made up of Malays) are exempted from the UTM English language requirements based on the following conditions:
a) Students are required to attend an IELTS/TOEFL Preparation Course conducted by Language Academy in UTM;
b) Students must fulfill the minimum English language requirement (IELTS/TOEFL) within 4 semesters of study; and
c) Students must submit a copy of IELTS/TOEFL certificate to Student Recruitment & Admission Division, Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic & International) within 4 semesters of study.
- Candidates from International Schools with A-Level or International Baccalaureate qualifications are exempted from the UTM English language requirement.
- Passed the UTM interview (if applicable)