- A Bachelor’s Degree with good honours from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or any other institution of higher learning recognised by the Senate; or
- A qualification equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree and experience in the relevant field recognised by the Senate.
Doctor of Philosophy
- A Master’s Degree from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or any other Institutions of higher learning recognised by the Senate; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to a Master’s degree and experience in the relevant field recognised by the Senate; or
- Candidates who a currently registered in a Master’s Degree programme at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, and approved by the Graduate Studies Committee of the respective faculty and the Senate.
International candidates are required to meet one of the following English proficiency requirements :
- A minimum score of 550 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) OR
- A minimum overall band score of 6.0 in the British Council IELTS Test.